Anonymously accessing PUMA api
This article explains, how to access user information anonymously using PUMA api.
PUMA(Portal User Management Architecture) API is used to access user information from within IBM WebSphere Portal.
In most of the usecases, we access user information for a logged in user but in some scenarios you might need to accessuser information for anonymous user.
Accessing user information anonymously using PUMA requires certain permission assignment to users and groups of WebSphere Portal.
By assigning anonymous user access to the virtual resources users and user groups, you can access user information anonymously using PUMA api.
here is how you can provide this access permission,
1) Login to portal as Administrator
2) Go to Administration
3) Find to Resource permissions portlet by navigating with Access - > Resource permissions
4) Click on Virtual Resources
5) Find USERS and USER GROUPS
6) Add Anonymous Portal User role for USERS and USER GROUPS.
that's it, you are done.
Now you can access user information anonymously using PUMA API.