For WebSphere Portal 6.0 and later portal and portlet projects, you can use the WebSphere Portal 6.0 and later installation as a local test environment as long as it is installed on the same machine as your Rational tools development environment and this will also allow you to use all the portal features that you can't use with portal test environment.
The portal server requires no special configuration to be used a test environment; however, if Rational tools does not detect a WebSphere Portal server or test environment installation that you have already installed, you will need to create a new runtime environment.
To create a new runtime environment, complete the following steps:
- Switch to the Web perspective by selecting Window > Open perspective > Other > Web.
- Select Window > Preferences from the menu bar.
- Expand the Server section, and click Runtime Environments.
- Select the appropriate version WebSphere Portal, select the check box, and click Edit.
- Verify the WebSphere Portal Location and WebSphere Application Server Location values with the version-specific WebSphere Portal installation directories that you specified when you installed WebSphere Portal.
- Click Finish.
- Click OK in the Preferences dialog box.
Also important to note
This runtime environment will only be available in your current workspace. You must create a new runtime environment for any new workspace that you create.