In my last post i described on Copy Portlet Concepts and how to solve certain use cases with Copy Portlet Concept.
This post describes Copy Portlet concept provided by IBM WebSphere Portal
With this post, i am describing on how to implement copy portlet
Here is what i will explain on how to
A) Create Copy of a portlet
B) Configure copy portlet
C) Retrieve parameter of Copy Portlet
A) Creating Copy of a Portlet
1) Login to portal as Admin.
2) go to Administration.
3) Navigate to Portlet Management -> Portlets.
4) Search for portlet you want to make copy and click on Copy Portlet icon.
5) Provide a new name to copy portlet and click ok.
B) Configuring copy portlet
1) click on Configure icon of Copy portlet.
2) provide New Preference: and New value: and click on Add button and then click ok.
C) Retrieving parameter of Copy Portlet
The new preference you provided for copy portlet can be retrieved using portlet preference.
How it will work,
When you hit copy portlet instance, you will get the preference value you have set while configuring copy portlet and based on the value you can perform your business logic.